Thursday, June 16, 2011

Psst Guys

 

IMG-20110616-00108

With Father’s Day coming Sunday. I was reminded of the fact that my father always said that a man should know how to cook, amongst an array of other things. So here’s my version of Top Chef, I call it Chef Mark. Don’t laugh, A Brother can cook.

IMG-20110616-00109 This is the  before and after shots of my Salmon Croqs.  That's what I call them. There’s allot of prep, and it takes about an hour before you start actually cooking. I usually don’t like to fry. But these are fried in a vegetable oil and olive oil mixture. You can bake this recipe, but on a hot day you might not want to heat the kitchen up that much.

IMG-20110616-00110 Then on to the cucumber salad. Two types of cucumber. The Regular every day cucumber skinned, and cut into cubes. And An English Cucumber cut into cubes leave the skin on. Diced red onion, with a whole scallion, cut up, and diced green peppers, put a nice accent touch along with robust flavor to the mix. Salt , pepper, garlic powder, and paprika are all in there. Top this with Parmesan powder.

IMG-20110616-00111By the way, Happy Father’s Day. Enjoy it

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Followers