Tuesday, February 22, 2011

You Put This Smile On



Maybe you don't know how happy being able to bring this blog to life has made me. But it does. This isn't exactly my craziest smile I could muster up. (Please light a candle, and pray for me.) Eleven years ago, I was diagnosed with Malignant Hypertension. I can't lie, I was scared to death. Well not to death, because I made it. Me, with my smart self went on-line and did some research afterward. President Roosevelt died with this disease. That was before they had the meds that are available today. Life expectancy was six years after diagnosis, so I read. During this experience I was in intensive care for four days, with I V's out the ying-yang. I had three on my right arm and an art-line on my left. Family , and I mean family was there praying over me asking God not to let anything happen to me. I witnessed a man flat-line, among all the things that go along with being in intensive care. Now here's my own mystery. I had a really bad headache. I'll call it a your-grain, because I have never experienced a headache that bad, since or before. It's what made me go to the doctor in the first place. My blood pressure was 260 over 160. I was sitting up and talking and being thankful that God had made me sturdy. I had gone to urgent care, where they called for an ambulance to rush me to a Hospital. The ambulance attendant was hovering over me as they had started the first I V. After they helped me get rid of my headache I felt fine.It was indeed a harrowing situation for me. Believe me I was humbled as my father, whom had severe Parkinson's disease came to see about his baby boy in the Hospital(I was 39.) To shorten the story. Recently another Doctor told me I don't have Malignant Hypertension, but It's now Benign. What do you believe ? My point ? My mission wasn't over in this life. God could have easily called my name, but he didn't. I am blessed by the blood of Christ, and by grace I made it. I met many people while at a Doctor's office whose stories worse, and Blood Pressure lower than mine who didn't make it. I believe my roommate in that Hospital accepted Christ after witnessing how Family came together in the name of Jesus at a time like that. And so I say to you my family, and friends. Yes you did put that smile on my face. Be Thankful, it goes a long, long way. My Friend Issac helped me remember just how blessed we are. Remember the man with the sign ?

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Followers