Sunday, September 12, 2010

What a Harvest/ Gardening Wrap-up

 

Really Small

Well this season was sort of disappointing as far as the harvest goes. These pictures do my garden justice. The green peppers, and tomatoes were really small. They look large in these pictures. That pepper is about the size of four walnuts put together. The tomatoes are pretty small too. I’m going to leave them alone and see what happens. As hot as it was during this season, I’m baffled. Both plants love heat and water, they got plenty. They were in a place where they could get ample sunlight, and shade. I’ve gotten better harvest during cooler summers..

 

IMG_0087

 

The squash and the cucumbers are done, worst year ever for them. The watermelon has started to migrate around the corner with a whole new batch of little melons. This is pretty much what the first set did below.

IMG_0032

Needless to say I was not happy, although there’s still hope because the watermelon plant looks healthier than ever. It’s just a whole lot cooler now. I thought they loved the heat ? If I hadn’t been tending to the garden as much as I did, I would not have met Feral King of the Grass.

Feral King of Grass

I hope you enjoyed this series, as much as I did.  I got Three squash, two cucumbers, five tomatoes (tiny), a bunch of very tiny watermelons, and two green peppers (almost not worth mentioning). At least I could eat the squash and the cucumbers. There’s always next year. Speaking of next year, I think I’m going to try a different location in the yard

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Followers