Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Feral and Me/ Gardening continued.

True story. I was outside trying to see what has happened to my garden that I’m so proud of, and I felt these eyes on me. I was kneeling in front of the squash plant because something is going terribly wrong. So, I stood up and this cat was sitting there, like he was the garden expert. I asked him what’s going on. Of course he didn’t say a word back. (I would have ran). He was huge.

Ferril

This was what I was looking at. My Squash, well one of them, isn’t doing so well. There are a few small squash on the plant that’s doing alright. This plant looks like it’s seen better days. I got one nice green squash off of it.  It was supposed to be yellow. I ate it anyhow.

Sick squash

Then I went to look for signs of bell peppers. Eureka, there’s small bell peppers on the plant. Halleluiah! I turn around and two feet away is this cat again. So, I named him Feral. He headed back towards the garage when he realized he’d been caught inching up on me.

tiny Peppers

sick, really sick Then on to see about the cucumbers, oh lots of small cucs, nice.  The neighboring tomatoe plant is still just that, a very large plant. The fact that it has bloomed must mean…..harvest soon! Then Feral just wouldn’t leave me alone.

The watermelon, my prize. I won’t say anything about them yet, they might hear me. There are several on the plants though.

I hope one of you has a solution to the squash problem. Until then it looks like it’s going to be Me and Feral.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Followers