Sunday, February 28, 2010

Black History / Wrap up

 

IMG00041

Hello Family. I hope you enjoyed the previous Black History posts. I reflect not just during Black History month, but all year and every day.Think about it, Our ancestors were brought here against their will. They didn’t know where they were. They couldn’t speak the language. They were separated from their families. They were given new names. They couldn’t practice their own religions. They were all of a sudden slaves. For generations slavery existed even after its abolishment.

We’ve come a long long way. We also need to go even farther. I can’t say it’s not difficult in this “One nation under God,” America.

My wish is for our young people is for them to know the struggles our ancestors had to overcome. Everything was Black and White, even the toilets and the cemeteries. The Black military men who would have been heroes went unsung, simply because of the color of their skin. You had to sit at the back of the bus. Even Les Gens De Color were a society within a society (of light skinned black people). You would hopefully stay in your allotted section of town. Then Dr. King led us to a new existence of more equality. Very important stuff. Although I was a child I remember.

I’ve said all I’ve said to bring a salute to the first Black President of The United States, Barack Obama.  Indeed we’ve come a long, long way.

We are more than conquerors through Christ Jesus.

Until next time, I hope you enjoyed Black History Month as I did.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Followers