Saturday, January 16, 2010

Triumphant Recovery after Haiti's Devastation

Hello Family. I was just wondering if you will, if you can put yourselves in the shoes of the surviving Haitians. These people are suffering tremendously after a series of earthquakes. A very serious 7.2 quake on Tuesday, and a 6.0 (not an aftershock), believe me a 6 is not an aftershock, and then a 4.5 (technically a 4.5 is not an aftershock either.)The pictures I've been looking at are heartbreaking. I'd be leary to send even $10 through text messages. But indeed they are in diar need of the world community for assistance. Looting is supposedly rampant. But if you were desparate, would you loot to survive? I think under the circumstances the word 'looting' shouln't even be used. Imagine being the only family survivor. Alone, surrounded by death, destruction, and devastation. Then to see some survivors still praising God and singing hyms, brings a triumphant message about these people. The children are back to playing football in the streets. I've been praying for them since I've gotten the news of this devastation. I've been trying to add a link of the pictures, but it's probably best for these pictures not to be here. They are very graphic and terrible. Pray for Haiti. Until next time, count your blessings.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Followers